General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
New data protection rules came into force on 25th May 2018. All organisations must have a legal basis for processing personal information and childrens personal data.
Pupil data is essential for the schools operational use.
We use pupil data:
- to support pupil learning
- to monitor and report on pupil progress
- to provide appropriate pastoral care
- to assess the quality of our servicesl
- to comply with the law regarding data sharing
The pupil information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, address, unique pupil number
- Characteristics (such as ethnicity, language, nationality, country of birth and free school meals eligibility
- Attendance information (sessions attended, absences, reason for absence, exclusions)
For more details please see our Data Protection Policy and Privacy Notice for Pupils.