Please assume that school will be open until you are told otherwise by text message
Do not phone school
Consider if your own journey is safe - if it is not, do not travel.
School is open but my own journey is unsafe
It is imperative that parents make their own judgement about whether or not is is safe to travel. Each journey will be different and the judgement rests with you as parents.
Take more time. We have discretion to leave the registers open for longer on 'snow' days and your child will not be marked late if the journey has been delayed.
If you feel that is unsafe to travel then you should inform school by Seesaw/ email stating the name of your child and the fact that they will be absent.
School might close early
If we are open, there is still a chance that we may close early. This is intended to help parents, not create extra disruption.
You will be allowed to collect your children at any time between 1.30pm and 3.15pm. This is intended to give parents some flexibility in the afternoons. YOU WILL BE INFORMED BY TEXT IF THIS IS TO HAPPEN.
- We will only close school in exceptional circumstances – it is very rare for St Andrew’s to close and no decision to close will be taken lightly. We are fully aware of the inconvenience it causes to everyone.
- Pupil safety is paramount.
- As soon as a decision is made, parents will be contacted by text message and the school website will indicate that school is closed.
- Parents must NOT phone school.
Please can parents make sure:
- They have their phones in order to receive a message by text
- They send their children to school in appropriate clothing for cold weather (we do not intend to keep the children inside).